View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #482
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
well you answered my question. thats my guess as well.

I think they need to revamp the Falcon to make him believable within the MCU. A mechanical harness aint gonna cut it.

Plus they need to explain why flappable wings are better than, say, a supersonic battle suit (Stark isnt the only game in town btw). Furthermore, wouldnt a regular guy with huge wings be a sitting duck for rockets, lasers, gunfire, aircraft,etc.? Im extremely curious to find out how they're gonna make it work.

And no, "light wings" would actually be much much worse.

I'm not a troll btw. I like Sam Wilson as a character, and i think his skill set is a good complement to Cap as well the Avengers and SHIELD. But I dont think the character works "as is" in the MCU.

I expect some major changes to his "powers" and equipment when we see him in Cap 2.
Bird flight has some advantages over conventional fixed wing designs. There wings designs give them more agility and maneuverability in flight than conventional wing designs. On top of that bird's can get similar flight speeds as equivalent sized model airplanes only its far more energy efficient. The military is currently trying to develop mechanical bird drones for that reason.
Robotic Bird Takes Flight
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

California Company Unveils Hummingbird Spy Drone
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Example:
Model Plane vs Magpie
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

A bird could out maneuver a missile. They can change directions immediately.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.