View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #771
CJ
Derpy Derp

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

See, Tequilla, that's the attitude I'm talking about. Thinking that anyone who wants more Batman in the movie is automatically ignorant and has poor tastes in film.

You can still tell a compelling story with Bruce in the batsuit. The movie doesn't automatically become lowbrow, Transformers-style entertainment just because he's wearing the mask.

I could go on, but I'd just be repeating myself.

I've grown to appreciate Rises a little more, but I still find it to be the weakest in the trilogy.

Batman Begins, THAT was a monumental achievement. TDK, THAT was a monumental achievement. But Rises? ..eh.

Poor writing (In comparison to the first two, anyway) an uninteresting premise for both Bruce Wayne and Batman, a lack of action (Say whatever you want, but Batman is an ACTION franchise. It's kind of necessary to put a lot of that stuff into the film) lackluster villain choices, plot points from TDK that basically went nowhere, pointless retreads of ground already covered in Batman Begins, and an absolutely dull finale, makes it my least favorite out of the three.

Last edited by CJ; 12-17-2012 at 08:22 AM.