View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #773
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Wow , toy manufactures ? Film snob ? Rip off ?

Hilarious to say the least.

Reading this board is kinda clear why american movie industry produces the movies it makes. There's little to no space , trying to create well developed , dramatic thematic stories , that take itself seriously and respect the characters. No. People want Batman just kicking some one. Who cares for the fundamental conflict of Bruce Wayne. His legacy. His sacrifice. Naaaah. I dont know why you guys complain so much , considering 99% of blockbusters are that sort of garbage you describe. At least , let us have the 1%. Good movies , that have something to tell.

Watch more movies , especially outside your little bubble. You will find great gems. This has been a fantastic year for worldwide cinema. Celebrate that by watching them.

Rises is a monumental achievement , considering the industry where its made. A movie that tries to push the limits of the genre.

Toys......wow. I can't even comment that.
I'm 56 years old. I've watched thousands of movies. From all countries and all decades. I have a collection of thousands from all genres. It's nice to know that because I didn't like TDKR that I live in a bubble and don't UNDERSTAND CINEMA.

How many times do I have to tell you people....DIFFERENT PEOPLE CAN HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM YOU....AND THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM WRONG OR STUPID OR NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND....IT MAKES THEM SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOURS.