View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #973
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Doom's face was a mask of rage, and the monarch howled in anger and protest as the light engulfed him and all went white...

As the world corrected itself, Doom found himself sitting in a SHIELD cell, as new memories of the corrected time stream danced through his mind. Though he still remember his victory, he now knew of his defeat at the hands of Richards' accursed family, stopping his triumph before it ever happened.

Now Doom awaited to be sent back to Latveria, as his nation was going to be burdened with heavy sanctions from the UN in punishment for Doom's failed gambit.
The phrase "war crimes" had been brought up. But, since Doom technically didn't do anything what with the Fantastic Four stopping his time travel plot before it occurred, all talks of potential crimes of war were dismissed.

Still, the fact that Doom remembered his nigh total victory and his crushing defeat at the hands of his most hated and bitter rival was enough punishment on it's own.
And those memories were a paradox of space/time playing out in his mind.

But Victor deduced that he wasn't the only one who remembered what at one point was as he looked out through the energy barrier that kept him in his cell to Reed Richards who stood on the other side, silently staring at him with a mixed look of disappointment and sadness.

Victor could see it in Reed's eyes that he remember Doom's perfect world and how he and his ilk vaingloriously stole that utopia from the deserving populace of the planet.

"Come to gloat, Reed? If so, have your fill and begone. I'd prefer to await my voyage back to my homeland in solitude."