View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #670
....I need a horse!
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

as far as him having an "unquenchable thirst" for revenge on Thor. I think that is really putting him back into the pure evil 1 dimensional villain box again, and I really don't think they want to do that with him. A good chunk of the audience have become emotionally invested in that character, and would be pretty upset if he just became a completely evil bad guy with no humanity left. They also want to keep these characters relatable, and pure evil is not very relatable.
But it's really not putting him as a one dimension villain though. Yeah, it's a one dimension aspect, but it's rooted in deeper parts to his character. And it's essential to his character. Again, it's a one dimension thing, but it is rooted in something much deeper. He can certainly have a desire to get back at thor, or cause him pain, or be superior, and still have complex reasons to do so. Regarding your perspective on this, I really don't think loki's opinions on thor are that much of an issue, cause it does go pretty deep. You can have a one dimension aspect without being a one dimension villain. Again, as I said, Thanos wanted to destroy all life, a one dimension aspect, sure. But he certainly isn't a one dimensional villain.

Don't forget to vote for the BLACK PANTHER Vs CAPTAIN AMERICA fight

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier -

Last edited by jaqua99; 12-17-2012 at 10:42 AM.