View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #974
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
But Victor deduced that he wasn't the only one who remembered what at one point was as he looked out through the energy barrier that kept him in his cell to Reed Richards who stood on the other side, silently staring at him with a mixed look of disappointment and sadness.

Victor could see it in Reed's eyes that he remember Doom's perfect world and how he and his ilk vaingloriously stole that utopia from the deserving populace of the planet.

"Come to gloat, Reed? If so, have your fill and begone. I'd prefer to await my voyage back to my homeland in solitude."
"No gloating, Victor. I'm just here as a favor to the Security Council. They want to make sure your cage is secure."

Reed began to survey the cell from many different angles and distances.

"You know," he said as he worked. "I've been doing some time travel work on my own. Fascinating stuff, really. The way the smallest acts can resonate for hundreds of years after the act."

Reed continued to test out the cell structure, making sure it was sound.

"For instance, I went back and observed this man in the 1845. Let's call him Agoston. He left his native Hungary and was journeying through the countryside of Eastern Europe when he was presented with a fork in the road. The road on the right led west to Austria. The road on the left was further east. He chose the road on the left and settled in Latveria. Once there, he found a wife and started a family. His youngest daughter married a man named Von Doom. You see, Agoston was your great-great-great-great grandfather."

He turned away from the prison bars and stared at Doom.

"I wonder what would happen if say, a stranger would have appeared at that fork in the road that day and told Agoston that the road to Latveria was dangerous and unfit to travel. Suppose he ended up going to Austria. That one small decision and you and a good part of your family tree would have never existed. You're not the only one that can muddle with the timeline, Victor. You would do well to remember that."