View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
But... He told Hulk to smash. lol.
That bit makes me laugh. Like Hulk needs to be told to smash, or is capable of anything but smashing.

"And Hulk! Arrange and oversee CASEVAC."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Wow that is certainly a disheartening analysis. The way I see it, he stood up to Loki when no one else could (IM was en route), saved a bank full of people, ordered the police to protect the citizens rather than try to be heroes, By getting the people off the streets, and setting up a perimeter he probably directly saved the most lives. While (the other Avengers) defeating the army saved the world (indirectly saving a few billion lives).

Despite what you say, he gave fast and effective orders to the team for containment "until we can close that portal." And wasn't about to send Widow on a fool's errand that she realistically wouldn't survive in order to attempt to close a portal that no one (not even her) was sure she could close.
Well the thing is, and I'm kind of a sociopath for saying it, I don't have that much an attachment to the people of New York in this film. If Pepper was one of the people in the bank, it'd have worked better.

So the end result that Steve rescues some people doesn't wow me because he doesn't do it in a wowing manner.

We also don't see a corelation between Cap's orders and the situation getting better. We don't see what happens to the cops and if Cap's orders made anything bettern.

Not to mention that ultimately, those people would've still been dead without the actions of Natasha and Tony.

It's just not enough.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote