View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
A&W
Side-Kick

Default Re: How will Clark being found by the Kents be handled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
My mistake. I didn't realize American laws were that lax. Here, in Canada, you need a birth certificate or passport and visa to get things like driver's licences or apply to university. I assumed that the US paranoia over illegal immigration would mean that your laws would probably be tougher. However, I still don't think the comparison works. The Kents need to explain the child somehow. If it is passed off as the child of a relative, there still needs to be documentation. If they claim that it is their child after even a secret miscarriage, the local hospital would know that the jig is up because of their records.
I'm just pointing out the Kent's do not have to do anything that special.
They don't have to actually explain how the parents pull this off. They didn't in the original and it could even leave open options for future stories. Imagine if the wrong person discovers kent does not have a valid social security number and it leads to them finding out his identity. It could even help make him more relatable if he can't find a job because he doesn't have a social security number.
But for the most part your right about the u.s. the laws vary in different states.