View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #602
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again (and we ALL know we've ALL been over this particular flamewar before, several times....): where does Feige's quote indicate any sort of finality or trilogy-ality to the Avengers? Does this quote imply there WON'T be an Avengers 4, or Phase 4? Nope.

And where does that quote indicate any kind of overarching story, that some of you insist on believing in? "Folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three" could be very easily, and very logically, explained as introducing elements such as AIM and/or HYDRA in Phase II, to become the Avenger foe for Avengers 3; or introducing the Kree in Phase II, to lead up to the Kree-Skrull War for Avengers 3; or introduce Surtur in Phase II, to lead up to Ragnarok for Avengers 3; or introduce assorted villains in Phase II to team up as the MoE to do battle in Avengers 3; or introduce Hank Pym in Phase II to create Ultron as the main baddie for Avengers 3....I could go on. Should I go on?

...Because nowhere in that quote does Feige prohibitively state, "This clearly means that Thanos is the element we're setting up in Phase II to come back (again) as the villain in Phase III."
"Should I go on?" yes. please. go on. THAT is the topic of this thread. Not whether or not there will be more sequels but WHO will be the villain in those sequels.