View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #607
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,416
Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
No one has ever said there wouldn't be an Avengers 4. Why do you keep saying that? Have you actually seen someone say that there wouldn't be an Avengers 4? Talk about a straw man

Anyway, that entire paragraph is an answer to a question about where Thanos will show up next. It's not Feige randomly going on about the future of the film universe. So I suppose if you remove any and all context you could read whatever you want into the statement, but in context there's a pretty strong implication.
What "straw man?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

Phase 2 and 3 need to ramp up to a FINAL showdown with The Avenger's most POWERFUL adversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yeah Kevin Feige definitely never mentioned things building into a culmination in Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
But Hollywood likes trilogies. Avengers 1, 2 and 3 will be announced as The Avengers Trilogy bundle on Blu-Ray as soon as its out of theaters. Whether it continues on from there is up to Marvel. MANY films originally thought to be trilogies have a fourth installment. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Die Hard. Just because a conclusion to an arc has been made doesnt destroy a franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post

Furthermore, a planned trilogy is a much more successful road to a fourth installment (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars) than going one by one (X-Men, Spider-Man). Nowadays once you have that stinker, you need a reboot of some sort.




To say nothing of the 3, 6 and 9 picture deals they made.


Trilogy and then another trilogy. Why not?

I see the words "trilogy," "final," "culmination," and "reboot" in those posts. Implying that you guys believe the Avengers is set up in an LOTR/SW trilogy format with a definite ending in Avengers 3. And then, maybe, wait 'n' see a decade down the road if we wanna reboot and start all over again, like Spidey and Bats, or prequel or requel or whatthefugever like X-Men and Star Wars and LOTR/Hobbitses.

And I fail to see *any* evidence whatsoever that this is Marvel/Feige's intention, up to and including that very quote you posted on the previous page. And I *sure* as hell fail to see where that would even remotely be a good idea.

Avengers is an *episodic franchise.* Like James Bond and Indiana Jones. And no, Indiana Jones was *not* a trilogy, nor was it ever planned to be one. It was episodic, and had four episodes --- more, if you want to include the Young Indy TV series --- and that's *exactly* what Avengers is, and how Avengers will play out.

Why? Because that's the way God and Stan Lee intended. He/They didn't need no frickin-frackin' trilogies....trilogies suck wind.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote