Banned User

Default Re: Vote for your favorite CBM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
It's the only one to get 8.5, the rest go below
Wow..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So he can't have ten places where films are that good to him?

You know, it's his opinion and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
That's funny, my respect for someone's opinion plummets when they start being snide and sarcastic about another's opinion. If Aziz genuinely enjoyed those films enough to give them 9's and 10's, what's the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
LOL, my respect for someone's opinion kind of drops when they don't respect other people's opinions...
See, I'm not disagreeing with his opinions, I am question his rating system (which, if it is to hold any meaning to anyone but him, should be more or less standardized). Also, if one gets offended by a mildly wry comment like that, then I don't really feel sorry for that person. It was in no way meant offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You say "...10 is a masterpiece" but keep in mind, what's a masterpiece to one person isn't necessarily a masterpiece to the next.
Still, not commenting on opinions. Just saying that if you are to give a movie a 10/10, then it should be really good, on several levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
And FYI, I do try to be conservative with my scores, and use up the whole scale. Of course, I can only compare them to the other movies I've seen, and I have seen embarrassingly few "classics". IF we're doing this rating business, this is how I rank the ones that I've seen...

The Dark Knight - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Iron Man - 8.5/10
Batman Begins - 8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7.5/10
The Dark Knight Rises - 7.5/10
Captain America - 7/10
Thor - 6.5/10
X-Men First Class - 6.5/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 6/10
Iron Man 2 - 6/10
Spider-Man - 6/10
The Incredible Hulk - 5.5/10
Watchmen - 5.5/10
X-Men 2 - 5/10
Spider-Man 3 - 4/10
X-Men - 3.5/10
Ghost Rider - 3/10
X-Men 3 - 2/10
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 2/10
I don't believe I was questioning your scores?! Those seem pretty reasonably spread out to me!

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote