View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #87
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Nolan's views on Batman villains" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I have to admit I wasn't really excited about this movie as I was for TDK just because Bane isn't really one of my fave Bat villians ( though I do like him and the Knight Fall arch). I would have much rather seen Riddler, Pengiun, or Hugo Strange, Black Mask, or even DeadShot and DeathStroke in the film over Bane.

Even Mr Freeze could be done in a realistic way sorta. I saw a story on Extreme Home Make Over a few years ago, about a family who had daughter with a medical condition that required her to wear a vest with some sort of coolant in it to keep her body from over heating. That could be one way to make him a bit more realistic.

Anyway, after seeing this new trailer I am sold on Bane now and I more excited than ever to see this! Bring on July lol!
Deathstroke has no history with Batman,Bane is the closest thing Batman can have to Deathstroke.Deadshot deosn't have much history with Batman either,he only became a fan favorite after Suicide Squad his early years as a Batvillain are far from memorable.
Riddler is a worthless jobber who only thrives on nostalgia,seriously all those Riddler supporters cant even come up with a decent story for him,especially not one which could logically follow TDK.Strange is dull and boring,Black Mask is a poor mans Red Skull,Penguin LOL.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote