View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #127
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Bane... The new Darth Vader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I personally love Hardy's Bane and Neeson's Ras just as much as Ledgers Joker... but the Joker is of course the more popular and iconic villain of the bunch. They were all perfectly portrayed by their respective actors, though.
Same here. Although I still think Joker was the best villain of the trilogy. Bane and Ra's are practically tied in second place though, for different reasons of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Theres actually a lot the two have in common. Both have an unsettling but awesome presence on the screen. Both openly kill their underlings and are feared by all those around them. Both speak with a british accent and a calm monotone voice, both also speak rather proper. In addition both are evil students of the heroes mentor, and both are at the end revealed to be not fully evil. They are very different characters, but a comparison can be made.
Good points.

I'd add the fact that both villains have these instantly recognisable themes that almost always accompany their appereances in their respective movies and bring with them a sense of dread.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote