View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #47
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
First of all, he is Tony Stark. If there is one personality that was going to clash with Cap's was Tony's. And he tells Tony something that is true, that he's never done the sacrifice play, from which I agree. In previous films, Stark never had to prove himself in the way Captain America, or Thor, or even Hulk/Banner had done in their previous adventures. And in the end he does finally "the sacrifice play". I'll say Cap influenced this too.
I'm not saying that Tony shouldn't clash with Steve, because he should. But no one else did, so the arc of Steve earning his leadership is limited to his interactions with Tony.

Steve doesn't say that Tony has never performed the sacrifice play. He says that Tony isn't the type of person to sacrifice himself. That he doesn't have it in him.

And the end of the movie proves that Cap was wrong. Tony is capable of self-sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
And yes, Steve realized that he doesn't know about machines and modern stuff, it was wise to follow Tony's orders. That's also the quality of a leader.
Not really. A good leader listens to people who know more than they do, but not all people who listen to people who know more than they do are leaders.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote