View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I'm not saying that Tony shouldn't clash with Steve, because he should. But no one else did, so the arc of Steve earning his leadership is limited to his interactions with Tony.
So, because the only one who opposed Captain America was Tony, and everyone followed suit, that doesn't make him a leader?

Quote:
Steve doesn't say that Tony has never performed the sacrifice play. He says that Tony isn't the type of person to sacrifice himself. That he doesn't have it in him.
And the end of the movie proves that Cap was wrong. Tony is capable of self-sacrifice.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Tony is capable, but he haven't had a chance to prove himself. He would rather find a better solution "I think I'll just cut the wire." The battle of quips on the helicarrier must have stung Tony more than Steve. Steve has heard it before, it doesn't affect him. Tony haven't, and at the end he proves himself, which is great.

Also there are many other moments. He stands up against Loki, he stops the fight between Iron Man and Thor, he gives instructions to the police in the final battle, and makes the tough call of closing the portal. Also he saves those people on the end too.

Quote:
Not really. A good leader listens to people who know more than they do, but not all people who listen to people who know more than they do are leaders.
You answered yourself that one.

"Batman: Promises"

"Harley Quinn: Ridiculous Thoughts"
"La Broma Mortal"
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote