Omegabat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Nolan's views on Batman villains" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
You're wrong.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

This was years before Bane.

As opposed to Bane, who is the poor man's Prometheus and was a gimmick character equivalent to Doomsday.

Hush
Dark Knight, Dark City
His appearances from Detective Comics from the 820's-890's
Riddle Me That
Run Riddler Run
Arkham Asylum/City

Batman: Prey
Arkham City

Red Skull= WWII era superpowered Nazi scientist
Black Mask= Ruthless crime boss

Oh, I get it, because they have similar masks. That makes Bane a poor man's Spawn.

No he didn't. Ra's Al Ghul intended to poison the populace of Gotham through biological warfare, Bane assisted him for a short while. Bane intended to irradiate the city.

Ra's has been outsmarted by Riddler, see Hush.

No he's not. Ra's is as smart as Bane, he's as physically adept as Bane. Plus, almost every villain is an aspect of Batman gone too far:

Ra's- Taking justice too far
Two-Face- Having one personality dominate another
Joker- The chaos caused by Batman being all he causes
Riddler- Taking his brilliant mind too far
Scarecrow- Fear as a crippling weapon rather than tool
Bane/Wrath/Prometheus- Inverse of Batman's motivations

They are all the Anti-Batman

Dont show me Deathstroke scans,I have read that entire series.He's one of my favorite characters,the only reason people remember that arc is cause Slade beat Batman the rest of the story is forgettable and meaningless,certainly not movie adaptation worthy.Batman and Slade have no conflict or history.And what exactly would Slade have been in Rises? a mercenary? check we got that with Bane.

Doomsday had no personality or depth when he was introduced,he killed Superman by in an all out brawl,Bane got a solid origin story in Vengeance of Bane.Prometheus was created years after Bane,so how exactly is Bane a poor man's version of him? Bane's creators mentioned Doc Savage as an inspiration.

Yeah I've read all those stories,each have a completely different version of the Riddler,one second he's a criminal mastermind who deduced Batman's secret,then he's a PI who forgot,then he's a demon worshipper etc.Only Riddle me That is a proper Riddler story,Dark Knight Dark City is one my all time favorite Batman stories but if I wanted a Batman story on cults,Barbatos,demon worship I'd rather go for Morrisons Batman.Hush was a lame Jeph flippin Loeb story where characters pop in at random and are poorly handled.That story had Batman going through Knightfall all over again only for Riddler to pop in at the end and reveal himself as the "TEH mastermind".Even an idiot can write a story like that,Hush was by all accounts poorly written.Hush himself was a dismal character,the writer had no grip on most of the characters(in typical Loeb fashion we got dozens of well known characters running around),it did nothing for the Riddler aside from him deducing Batman's secret ID(and by his own admission he needed the Lazarus pits along with years of experience fighting Batman something which Bane didn't) and then it didn't last long for writers to ignore that remove that development either.

Black Mask is at his core just a sadistic criminal with a torture fetish and an empire,just like Skull but Skull is that and a LOT more.Bane is nothing like Spawn.

Bane is smarter than Ra's by Ra's own admission,he's also physically more superior and a better h2h fighter going by their feats.Ra's is however more skilled with weapons and his vast resources make him even more dangerous than Bane IMO.

Read the "Bane" one shot.It screams TDKR.

I already addressed the stupidity that was Hush,it was'nt just Ra's who was outsmarted but also the Joker,so yeah lets digest the sheer stupidity of that.

Even Snyder's Lincoln March had more panel time before he was revealed as the final villain.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote