View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #619
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I generally would like to see the Masters of Evil next, just because I really like the idea of assembling villains, something that hasn't been done before, and escalating from there to the guy who can end worlds solo. That's cool to me.

Ultron, Kang and Civil War (yeah, I said it) is something I'd like to see later. I think having Kang as a through line there could be really interesting if that were a separate trilogy.

Beyond that, I'd like to see some really cutting edge stuff like Disassembled/House of M (imagine the twist, a movie that's story is that it's not in continuity with the rest of the universe its in), where there isn't really a villain per se. That'd be really interesting too. It'd also be interesting if whenever Marvel gets the rights for the X-Men back they do Avengers vs X-Men as a movie. That'd be crazy.

So are you saying the third one will suck? Or that I believe the third one will suck?
The idea of a "Reboot of some sort" kinda covers prequels with new casts, storylines and continuity, don't you think?
I think it's a bit odd to think SM3 sucking had nothing to do with why there was no SM4. Why do you think Raimi took so long?
From Wiki:

Quote:
Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively. Raimi purportedly went through four iterations of the script with different screenwriters and still "hated it".

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote