View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #841
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
How come threads about anything from Catwoman to...I don't know....maybe TDKR's potential "Oscar Chances" turn into threads about why the LOS and Talia ruined the movie? I do not know.
I can't comment on the Catwoman threads, because I find them a bit pathetic and don't post in them. But a thread about the movie's Oscar chances are exactly where a debate on its relative quality and shortcomings should occur. Unless, of course, you believe it should be given over to hopelessly fanciful predictions of TDKR being covered in glory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Clearly the fact that not everyone in the Hype loves TDKR in its entirety annoys you terribly, and maybe you're the one who needs a break from these boards. It's obvious that you can't take the criticism, and it's not particularly healthy for you to keep on reading all of this, is it?

Please point out what this creepyness that you're talking about actually is.
I agree. I hesitate to use the word "creepy", but it seems that there are those that must express their love for every element of a movie and experience a small moral panic every time it faces criticism. I think that is...unbalanced. I have found few people who dislike everything about TDKR, and I am certainly not one; people with criticisms tend to be critical of some elements. That is normal and healthy- after all, there is good and bad in almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Read the top of this forum; do you see the words 'fan club' or 'positive comments only' written anywhere? I don't.
That is the nub of the issue. I don't think that TDKR is exactly going to leave the Oscars loaded with bounty because, enjoy it though I did, I don't think it is an especially masterful or impressive movie.

That is the sort of comment you might reasonably expect to read in a thread with this title- as well as contrary views, of course.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(