View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #279
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
My first thought was that the second villain might have been Red Skull. His ascension in CA:TFA to Odin-knows-where in the Nine Realms very well could have been a plot point conveniently placed by Whedon when he tweaked the script. Skull's connection to the Cube and to Earth would have been a very believable reason why Loki's attention would be on Earth in the first place. Plus, it would have opened things up nicely for Schmidt to return for CA:TWS (which could still happen).

But Whedon comments further in that interview that he scrapped the second villain because Marvel "didn't want to add mythology," which makes me think maybe it wasn't the Red Skull after all.
Good guess. I've always suspected Red Skull was actually transported to the same section of the galaxy as Thanos at the end of CATFA, and that Skully would be granted superpowers by Thanos and team up with him at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
I'm wondering he might be referring to Abomination. He would've provided that extra challenge for the team and is also someone I think they may try to use later as a member of the MoE.
Abomination is a good guess, too....I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember early rumors (untrue, of course) that William Hurt would be in Avengers, so it's not beyond the realm of the pale that they planned on bringing Tim Roth back, too. But I wonder if there would be any need for Joss to be secretive about that? It's not like Abomination was a "secret character."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote