View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #979
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

The Baxter Building
Manhattan

Reed sat inside Sue's lab, watching his wife as she observed magnified blood cells on a plasma screen. She talked and showed him a tiny spot inside the cell's gene structure. He didn't hear her words, instead his mind was focused on the events of last week.

"Reed," she said, snapping him out of his trance. "Honey, are you okay?"

"Sorry," he said with a small smile. "Just lost in my thoughts. Thinking about what Victor did."

"What happened again?" She asked, furrowing her brow. "I remember the time travel, but the rest is fuzzy..."

"I know. The events have been fading from my memory ever since we corrected the timeline. But it's not so much about the specifics, as it is about the larger aspect. The fragility of it all, and how things seem to rest of a knife's edge. One big move, and it all crumbles."

"Come on, now, Reed, I think you're being a bit melodramatic with that. The world isn't that bad."

"Actually, Susan Storm-Richards," a voice said from behind them. They turned and saw a figure behind them.

"Things are more desperate than either of you could imagine..."

Both Reed and Sue leaped back in surprise. Sue began to form an invisible construct and launch it at the intruder. The large creature blocked her construct and sent it away with a wave of his hand.

"I mean you no harm. I am only here to talk."

Reed stepped forward, shielding Sue with his body as his hands began to contort into dangerous shapes. "Who are you?"

"My name is Uatu. I am the Watcher. And we must speak now. The hour is growing late and the fate of this planet hangs in the balance..."

"Why?" Sue asked, stepping out from behind Reed. "Is it Victor again?"

"No. The threat does not lie on the Earth, but it travels towards the Earth. The Devourer and his Herald are nigh."

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote