View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #507
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
At this point I fear this is less a Cap movie and more an ensemble film. Every new bit of news I hear about this film worries me more because it really feels like they're trying to shove way too many characters and way too much plot into a single films and I'm worried that the Steve/Bucky interactions, the heart of the film, is going to suffer for it.

For many years Steve Rogers and Nick Fury were close allies in the comics. In fact, Steve requested to work directly with SHIELD and had many missions with the spy agency. All of Steve's wartime team, the Howling Commandos, ended up working with SHIELD as well (remember, the comics were written in the 1960s, when the Howlers could plausibly have survived and been young enough to still be active agents). Steve met Sharon Carter, his love interest and Peggy's sister (later niece) because Sharon was a SHIELD agent. Together, Captain America and SHIELD fought the resurgent HYDRA, his old nemeses from World War II.

With the close ties Captain America/Steve Rogers has traditionally had to SHIELD, it makes perfect sense that he would have a similar relationship with Fury's group in the MCU. I don't think that the movie will be any more crowded than CA:TFA was.