View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #511
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Unfortunately, the MCU is on a different timescale than the comics when it comes to WWII. Cap was only removed from Silver Age Marvel by less than two decades; MCU Cap is separated by *seventy* years. MCU Fury had nothing to do with WWII, obviously, and still wasn't even a gleam in his daddy's eye when Cap was out battling Red Skull. It's certainly conceivable that *Cap's* (MCU) Howling Commandos could have joined the SSR/proto-SHIELD after the war, but I don't know how many of them would have survived long enough to see Nick Fury join the team.

In the MCU, the friendship/partnership of Steve and Nick develops only in 2011, so it's only just beginning.

Oh, I know. But I was explaining that the inclusion Fury and SHIELD in CA:TWS was derived from the comic book source material.

Fury knew Howard Stark very well, at least, because he said as much in Iron Man 2. He may also have known Peggy Carter since SHIELD evolved from the SSR program. (Fury stated that in the deleted alternate ending from CA:TFA.) It has been intimated but not officially confirmed that Fury is actually older than he appears, perhaps due to his taking a version of the Infinity Formula. (And never forget that Fury's official cologne is called Infinity Formula. ) we may find out that Fury was knocking about back in WWII even though he wasn't with the Howling Commandos.