View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #95
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
I just hope they don't show old & young Xavier or old & young Magneto in the same scene cuz then you kinda start thinking they really don't look too much alike lol
LOL and I'm afraid their character might say the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
My guess is that because First Class didn't do well enough at the box office, and because Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is still going strong, Fox would rather tie the First Class trilogy to the original trilogy, and completely reboot down the line, rather than awkwardly alternate between a soft reboot and Jackman's face of the franchise. I realize this goes against the 'Year Zero,' shared universe talk being tossed around as of late, but I just don't think any of that is going to happen. We'll see.
FOX is just making it harder for themselves and for the fans if they are going with soft reboot or rebooting the movie series down the line.

They could just start from scratch just like The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman Begins. They could still use the actors from the previous X-Men movies without confusing audience whether if the movie is a reboot or not like the 2009 Star Trek film.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote