View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #520
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
a glider with jetpacks, again, is obsolete. we already know the tech for battlesuits is available beyond just stark, so nobody's gonna be impressed with that. flappable wings is fine, but it will require some next-level **** as well as biomechanical implants and/or a pseudo-serum of some kind. and yes, there has been some news on this. check the interwebs.
Well, you kept arguing against the Falcon's suit as it's depicted in the comics as "unrealistic," so I proposed a reality based alternative. Now that's not good enough because it's "outmoded" and not flashy enough. This seems like arguing for the sake of it at this point. Marvel has gotten the technical aspects of its characters' powers right in every instance to date, so there is no reason to think that they won't nail Falcon's powers as well.

Iron Man's suit working the way that it does is not actually plausible but it works in the science fiction/science fantasy world of superhero movies and that's enough. The same can be said of Thor -- I mean, really, how could anyone fly by twirling a hammer? -- and the Helicarrier. I fully expect this to be the case for other heroes in future movies.