View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #64
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Overall:

- I thought a few too many moments were played for laughs. The Hulk waking Stark up was the worst, Coulson's "that's what it does" was the best.
- Cap paled in comparison to Iron Man, and I also felt that Iron Man telling Cap to give orders undermines the idea that Cap leads the Avengers. I also see the same thing in EMH: Iron Man runs the Avengers day to day and overall, Cap is just the field leader. I don't like that, not one bit. We needed more from Evans, more from Cap. He basically only proved that he was worthy of being on the team. In Germany, that "There's always men like you" line should have been his. It's okay to play him straight forward, but being straightforward and low impact doesn't make for much of a foil to RDJ's Iron Man. Closing the portal should have been Steve too, imho, with Widow going into the cafe to wipe some red out of her ledger.
- Some mention of Rhodey being unavailable would have been nice, at least for me.

... but that's basically it. If those had been handled, it would have ousted Incredibles as my all time favorite movie.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote