View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #48
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Great.. But I think like a business MAN! so in my world "If it don't make money, then It don't make much sense"
I'm sorry to hear that. There are many things that "don't make money" that are worthwhile and make sense. I volunteer time for a couple of charities...I make no money, actually "lose" money since I am giving my time to them....but it is worthwhile and makes sense to me. There are many boxoffice winners I hate...and boxoffice bombs I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
This thread was started based on the opinion that calling The Avengers a "popcorn movie" was/may have been a underhanded slap at the type of movie is was compared to TDKR. Comparing it to TDKR and favoring that movie publicly is where the insult comes in IMO. So if had he left it on the "Popcorn Movie" point nobody would have felt agitated by his comments
It's HOW the term is used that can make it a slap. I personally have no problem with calling a movie a "popcorn" movie...because to me that means extremely fun and enjoyable. But I know that others use it to mean unsofisticated, immature, lowclass, etc. Just saying a movie is a popcorn movie isn't an insult. But HOW and what your reasoning behind calling it that does.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote