View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
What do you consider a "respectable" Godzilla movie? Godzilla of the 50's, very serious, no humor, unsympathetic killing machine, an allegory of the terrors of nuclear radiation....or Godzilla of the 60's, the misunderstood, sympathetic, sometimes humorous, lumbering beheamoth who actually saves humans from other giant critters....or the retconned Godzilla of the later decades, where they threw all but the original movie out of the continuity and made him again an unhumorous (but now slightly sympathetic creature) mindlessly destroying things? The original Japanese creators made several "versions" of Godzilla....the American movie was simply another "version".

No....I don't think it was the worst version I have ever seen.
Well then that ends that. I thought out of all the the G-Films IMO the 98 version was the worst..

Quote:
Don't understand what you are wanting to say there.

But I consider XM-FC one of the best comic book movies out there.
What I (and others) mean by a CBM is that it has the feel of a Comicbook. The MCU film did that perfectly. XM-FC as good as it was didn't feel like a CBM. That feel is what may make the difference between a Billion BO take and a Lower millions BO take. People buy comic books for the ride and the Avengers translated that to film and even the GA got on..

So I'll correct myself that XM-FC didn't vibe like a CBM though technically it may be.

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 12-21-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote