View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #61
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
Great Millar, now put your money where your mouth is and try making a Marvel flick that has a little bit more depth than your average popcorn flick. Your new employer seems to have had a bit of trouble doing that...
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Missed the point as usual.. Somebody help him with this

edit: I'll help you. XM-FC is to comicbook movies as Godzilla in 1998 are to Godzilla movies. It's based in the character(s) of the same name but bare none or little resemblance to its original intent, source and/or vibe for it's own creative reasons
That Godzilla fill is a sore spot for me as well. It was more like "Ferris Bueler Meets Gozilla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Okay we will try it again with an over the top example, maybe you will understand this then.
Imagine someone tries to adapt LOTR, but instead of being close to the books, they just keep Aragorn and Gandalf, maybe Gimli too. The story is set in New York in the 1990ies and the plot involves a bank heist.
Is this a LOTR movie or just a movie with LOTR characters in it? Is First Class a Comic Book Movie or just a misogynist pile of crap despite Fassbenders great acting movie with comicbook characters in it?
You 3 guys are sooo on my Xmas card list! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
You just illustrated our points in a nutshell. Thats all fine and good. They can make what they want to make but the fact remains.. Not comicbook movies. So we agree now..
Or if nothing else a very poor comicbook film.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote