View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I should save my breath but we all know BB is one of the best comic related films of all time and set the standard that proved a comic book film could have a stellar ensemble cast and have a serious and real world tone. Do I want MOS to be a carbon copy? No definitley not but the same basic origin structure is quite obvious even when watching the trailer, especially the whole " hiding out somewhere trying to find himself" theme.
Not saying BB wasn't good. It was! I'm just saying as far as getting the GA interested and pace of storytelling and entertainment wise IM for me was better in establishing that than BB. I was and I know many others were more excited for what could come after IM in kicking off the Marvel films than what BB did, only because people knew that all the films to follow would follow suit of IM. I don't think anyone thought BB would lead to TDK and TDKR from the way BB was.

Not taking away from BB, just that I want to be excited about the MoS franchise as I was IM to start off with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
But BB pwns IM.
I don't know all about that and I'm not going to do the back and forth of which film is better in this forum.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)