View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Smallville 13 I think you have a point about Brainiac. He could definitely come across as a been there done that situation. If MOS is to get a sequel he might be better off been left for a reboot ala The Amazing Spiderman a few years after the 3rd film.

I think a good choice for a villain in the sequel would be Parasite. He doesn't have to be a big green monster he could easily be done in a more realistic way and much like in Earth One Vol. 2 he could for the first time make Superman feel powerless. I think of course you need to introduce Lex in the sequel but he doesn't have to have the big finale with Superman.

If we do get a trilogy and the 3rd film takes the same route as the Dark Knight Rises I would love the All Star Superman ending of the is he or isn't he dead situation that leaves it up to the viewer. Also we could have our big finale with Lex in the same way All Star Superman did and have another super villain in the film aswell. I'd be very happy if we got Parasite in a sequel and the All Star Superman ending to a trilogy.
I would love for them to adapt All-Star as well. I reckon if they strip alot of the more literary elements out of that story (Samson & Atlas, Zibarro) they are still left with a solid base for a screenplay. Even having Lois experience Supermans powers would be a nice full-circle to the famous scene from the original where he flew her, to her now flying herself as his equal. Plus Luthor getting the super-serum and Solaris would look amazing on film.

Parasite could work I guess. Vol 2 of Earth One showed he could carry himself as the standalone villain in that story. I still think Luthor can easily carry his own film. This isn't the real-estate campy Hackman/Spacey version we're gonna get again. Superman getting beat on a psychological level is far worse than on a physical level. Plus there's still plenty of opportunity for incredible visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Brainiac a retread? Come on now. Just pick up the first handful of Morrison's Action Comics to show exactly how to introduce Braniac into the cinematic universe (hell, the animated series did it great, too). I mean, I can't remember the last time I saw an alien computer come to Earth with the sole intention of bottling a major city, then destroying what's left. Plus that story would potentially introduce the bottled city of Kandor, which was add some cool "I'm not alone...but they're TINY" conflict to Superman.
I still think it would lead to alot of the same visuals we're already seeing in these types of films. But if they could come up with a way to make it look fresh then I'm all for it! Which Brainiac would be preferable: the Collector from Colu or the Kryptonian A.I.?

Edit: It sucks that most of the pictures didn't show in my post above. It's stuff from Superman Peace on Earth, as well as the cover to Adventures of Superman 631, and Lee Bermejo's Lex Luthor. That post is particularly frustrating for me cause I had to rewrite it after I had been disconnected when trying to post it the first time and then lost it all and had to rewrite it. Ended up way worse.

Last edited by Smallville13; 12-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.