View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
The sequel to MOS should have Earth based villains,the story itself should establish Superman as a protector of world.

Also on the whole 'bottling Metropolis' and how 'cool' that will look on film. Let's not forget that in MOS an anti-gravity beam is gonna be shot right into Metropolis and buildings, traffic, debris and people will all be sent flying upwards. I think I can tell out of them which is the stronger visual.

That leads to the thinking that somehow they'll have to outdo themselves with that for the sequel, but I don't think so. The 3rd act of Batman Begins with the train/microwave emitter/fear gas was far more farfetched and outlandish and had far more at stake than the boats in TDK.

I would like to see them deal with the fallout of MOS in the sequel. Superman will be the last Kryptonian left standing after Zod and co is killed or imprisoned in the Phantom Zone. So where does he go from here. Does he just disappear. No he will try and help Earth with our own issues. Will the Earth just accept him. They could go even more real-world with MOS2 having him try and solve poverty and religious wars, before learning that it's best to leave Earth to solve it's own problems (unless lives are in danger). Similar to how TDK had a much more real-world tone than BB. And then diving back into the sci-fi for MOS3.