Thread: The Sentinels
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Except in the DOFP timeline, Sentinels rule over humans and try to exterminate mutants, so unless the human in charge of the sentinel program is a genocidal, power mad, megalomaniac who wants to rule the world, the evil A.I makes more sense.

The human created the Sentinels was Dr. Trask, he was presented as more misguided then flat out evil, so would this central human villain be? I think the A.I idea makes more sense because we already had two movies where a bigoted human was the main villain.
I don't know if they are gonna bring Artificial Intelligence (like AI controlling the city and conquering the world) into the movie since they are already using the concept of time travel, there will be sentinels (and maybe alternate universe too). There's just going to be a lot of sci-fi elements if the central villain is an artificial intelligence robot. The X-Men movies always felt realistic and the idea of having an AI as the central villain is not. Plus I doubt this movie will be really close to the comics version of Days of Future Past. I feel like they are going too far, if the main villain is an artificial intelligence.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018