Thread: The Sentinels
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #68
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't know if they are gonna bring Artificial Intelligence (like AI controlling the city and conquering the world) into the movie since they are already using the concept of time travel, there will be sentinels (and maybe alternate universe too). There's just going to be a lot of sci-fi elements if the central villain is an artificial intelligence robot. The X-Men movies always felt realistic and the idea of having an AI as the central villain is not. Plus I doubt this movie will be really close to the comics version of Days of Future Past. I feel like they are going too far, if the main villain is an artificial intelligence.
The AI would a bit too much like Skynet in Terminator, even though DoFP came first (in the comics). You're right that it's also a bit much on top of all the other sci-fi elements. It's perhaps better as the work of a human or group of humans. I'm not sure where that leaves Mastermold though.