View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #57
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well I guess the difference between Nolan's Batman and Snyder's Superman in terms of realistic approaches is that Superman's body can actually take the toll of committing himself towards keeping the world safe for countless years.

You won't see him having issues with his knees or bones because his body is invulnerable; any injury that he takes can be healed with the right amount of yellow sun radiation.

I guess what'll help in terms of knowing on where they might take the character for his proverbial journey throughout this intended franchise is learning on what his major goal is in MOS. Bruce stated in BB that he wanted to make a change in Gotham's city; thus, when Gotham was cured of its disease and people took arms in defending themselves, then his work would be completed. So in Superman's case, what would be his proverbial goal then? Knowing that will help in trying to determine on what his concluding journey will potentially be like.
Urghh, don't give me that realistic approaches junk about Bruce's body. Nolan departs from "realism" plenty when it is necessary for the story. Remember the guy missing half his face going around and crashing cars with himself inside? Or how the Batsuit somehow protects Bruce's body from injury in 10 story falls? Or the microwave emitter vaporizes water in tubes but not in human bodies or anywhere else?

Realism is no excuse for poor storytelling. Just because Bruce's body could probably only endure a couple of years as Batman does make it satisfying for him to face 4 baddies, retire for 8 years, and come back and fight 2 more.