View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #70
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
If that's so important, they could have Lex have had designed/funded/constructed a mech as some defence department project. Similar to in the animated series how he was always building mechanized infantry for the military. (Tried to find photos of that yellow mech in the first ep of the S:TAS, but I can't seem too. I think even in the animated World's Finest movie he had a whole armada he wanted to sell to the military, that he was trying to get Wayne to help fund as well. God I loved those shows as a kid!)
I do personally think it's important from a entertainment value. In my honest opinion, it's not wise to put the world's strongest hero into a film without giving him a credible physical threat to face as well.

If they can go about doing that mechanical/battle armor suit without making it look like a rehash of both Iron Man and from MOS itself (due to Zod donning a armor suit as well in order to enhance his strength) then I'd be up for it.

However, if I had my way, if they wanted to stick with earth based villains for the sequel, I'd have Luther create the Superman Revenge Squad (3 mid-level physical villains at the most), with Superman's final physical struggle being him going in a fist fight with Luther with Kryptonite radiation playing a factor into it in the way that they did for their scuffle at the end of the Birthright series. A fight between those two without powers or enhanced suits being involved could be very personal and more brutal if done right as well.