View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #118
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
And you know whats more suprising-the attitude of non comic fans pretty much matches this poll as well.
Ive talked to my collge mates and they are all excited to watch the movie bc of trailer.Very few were excited about IM3 most didnt know there was gonna be an IM3.They rater wld see avengers 2

I found out that a lot of the things,they liked about the trailer was the things purist fans hated-Things like,the Broody introspective clark,Jonathans maybe line,Darker colors etc.
Post avengers, marvel has buzz to be sure, but at the same time watching a cap movie without the big fun ensemble is severely lacking. Some of the best bits in avengers for Tony were his interactions with Cap and Bruce. Some of his worst bits were his interactions with Pepper...

I'm curious to see what happens to that audience..."since new york"
Marvel has opened pandora's box on their property.

As for Superman, it's fresh it's different. It's got Snyders fans behind it, it's got Nolans fans behind it. And what's also interesting is that it's got a seemingly different Superman in it. Fans will ALWAYS want their age old specific paradigm's but, simply within that John Kent line...there is something new.
Gold in audience interest imo.
The last time that happened it was when the audience saw trailers for a batman that wasn't corny.