View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #73
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

Default Re: Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
It's the manner of your defence that speaks volumes. Your time on spent on these boards is irrelevant, the tone of your reply is what says it all.
How do you know I even like any of Nolan's movies, let alone this one? I could hate it. All I did was defend the idea that using recurring visuals and ideas in film is not only not lazy, but a very simple and basic way to communicate a theme, which is not a defense of the movie in some rabid "Nolanite" fashion. It's not a "Nolanite" reaction to say I understood the very basic way Nolan presented his story.

"The tone of my reply"? Calling me a Nolanite suggests I am some rabid fan that worships Nolan as a god. Your base your assumption entirely on my tone, when really you just mean I come off as an ass, which has nothing to do with Nolan fandom. Call me what you mean, don't make a word mean something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
So you admit to being condescending, glad we got that cleared up.
The fact that you have replied in such a fired up way suggests that you do actually care.
You misunderstood what I said. I said "I do not care" that I came off as condescending, because there was no other way to respond to such an inane and thoughtless response like "yawn", that suggested one did either not understand a basic concept, or was too juvenile to defend or even make a point in defense.
Fired up? Does that mean I can construct a defense weightier than "yawn"? Good.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
hammerhedd11 is offline   Reply With Quote