View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #754
clyde
Side-Kick

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Hey, I've been gone for a while. I've had to re-model my design so many times because certain parts are just not available and finding a solenoid valve from a nearby store has been a hassle. But I finally have a set design and I'm almost done my shooter, minus thre heating coil. I'll post some pictures soon. It's simple enough for anyone to buy parts and build but it's a little clunky because of the solenoid valves and small pipes and gas regulator I've used. Therefore, I would only consider the design as a prototype or just for the sake of testing out the web formula. Also, the cartridge is kinda small, I haven't calculated its volume yet but from a 4mm diameter nozzle i'm guestimating 5 to 10 shots, each shot being 10 m long. My only worry is that the ewb formula may clog something up. I didn't bother coating the insides with teflon, cuz that would take time, I would have to send my part to a company to do it.

Anyway, the basic design is this threaded 16g CO2 cartridge--->adapter needle--->solenoid valve--->piping---->web cartridge made from empty 16g co2 cartridge----->gas regulator valve (small one)---->solenoid valve----->nozzle

I haven't added a heating coil but it would go right before the nozzle.

I'll post pictures tomorrow with a brief guide of where you can get everything.