View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Default Re: If the Lizard was the villain in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingLeague View Post
How would that have exactly worked? In Spider-Man 3 Dr. Curt Conners explained "I'm a physicist, not a biologist" which means he would not have had an interest in Lizard-research nor the qualifications to perform such a test to regenerate his arm.
Not necessarily, there's still genetics, biochemistry, and herpetology. He could still have had an interest in those things, which could lead to the Lizard serum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I think Lizard was so far away from Raimi's franchise after SM2 so I can't imagine how he'd do him. As you said, he made Connors a physicist instead of a biologist which I think pretty much kills it.

But let's ignore that. I think looks wise he'd be much like Lizard in ASM but maybe a bit smaller and with the clothes on. I think he'd make Lizard very fast and beastly because that's the kind of action he'd love to do.

I also think he would be very true to Connors' character, since I think that's the kind of character that would fit Raimi like a glove.

I think Raimi probably would have done Lizard better than in ASM if he'd wanted to do him, but I think Raimi wasn't that interested. Also, I think he'd think Lizard wouldn't fit in the more kid friendly tone he was going for.
I actually think Raimi's lizard would have looked just like the comic book version. Obviously he planned on doing the Lizard, otherwise why would have kept bringing Dylan Baker.

Also, the tone of his movies isn't kid friendly, it's comic book, it's big and vibrant. But there's still an underlying darkness to some of it. But then again, I thought Amazing Spider-Man was pretty underwhelming.

Last edited by S. Grundy; 12-26-2012 at 12:41 AM.
S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote