View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #96
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
Agree with everything you said. The movie really went over well with most people though. I'm just out of the loop on this one.

I REALLY think it was a mistake to not let the Xavier/Erik relationship breathe for at least one whole movie. The first three movies gave me a sense of a long friendship which instilled an affection toward one another that endured through their differences. (Not to mention we actually SEE Xavier and Erik recruiting Jean Grey later in X3)

Gotta wonder how Xavier would be trusting the government in X1 after this movie. Magneto was right in XM:FC.

Like you, I was appalled at the makeup too. Errgg....that was bad.

The only thing I really liked were the performances of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.
XM-FC was a good movie. It suffered the Fox/Vaughn/Singer self afflicted wound of not being a reboot of the franchise instead of a prequel. Because it was a prequel (and a too loose one at that) Most of the problems of XM-FC listed are the problems when you compare it XM 1-3 and XMO-W which Fox foolishly kept as established cannon. TBO, I didn't mind the movie as a stand alone movie which those who enjoyed it saw it as. I personally hated it as a prequel with the continuity errors with not so much the comics as it is the previous canonical X-Men films associated.

It just shows that Fox doesn't take the Fans and the GA as a whole seriously. If they sold it as a box set, the GA purchasing with any intellect would be like WTH?? This series doesn't even connect??

So while I didn't mind the objectionable nature of how they treated women ( I'm never opposed to a little skin) the continuity flaws annoyed me which contributed to the characterizations that was so off like Mystique's for example.

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 12-27-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote