View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #65
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

People can think whatever they want about the quality of the movies, but arguments based on the logic of the movies should be supported by the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Also Palpatine already ordered that army to be made over 10 years ago, why not just claim his damn army and take over the defenseless senate?
The first batch of clones only came online during AOTC.

Quote:
Also if there was no military, why do they need the Clone Army at all? He's already got all of those battle droids, we saw from Naboo that conquering a people without an organized military with those things isn't all that difficult.
There's no unified galactic army, but the Republic apparently had a lot of power that it wasn't willing to use to good effect. The Trade Federation was scared of the Republic in TPM, and ended up facing prosecution after that movie.

Quote:
In addition the whole plot of Attack of the Clones is basically a huge plot hole. Dooku (indirectly Sidious) is attempting to assassinate Padme because she opposes the military creation act. Well wouldn't an idiot like her work to their advantage?
Padme wanted a peaceful resolution to the issue, which would probably result in the Separatists laying down their arms and talking things out as members of the Republic. After all, she is a loyal Republic Senator. I seriously doubt "let them secede" was her agenda.

Quote:
As I said early if theres no military to stop the Seperatists, who intend to build a Death Star and act just like the Empire, then they could conquer the galaxy easily.
The Separatists don't act like the Empire though. They're Separatists. They're not even united, but call themselves the "Confederacy." They don't want the whole galaxy, they want to be independent and take what parts of it they can.

Quote:
I mean look at how the war ended, Palpatine just took his army and told them to kill their Jedi leaders, and there was absolutely no reason he could not have done this at the beginning of the war.
The war destroyed the powerful corporate armies that would resist his central dictatorship. It built up the Republic Army that turned into the Imperial army. It changed the Republic socially and politically, so that the people would willingly embrace Palpatine when he declared himself the new dictator.

Quote:
He could have executed order 66, killed most of the Jedi, announced a peace treaty with Dooku,
Peace treaty with Dooku? That's not uniting the galaxy under his own rule. That's giving half of it away.

Quote:
And don't try to defend the whole thing with whatever the book or the video games or the comics have to say about this because I'm not talking about that. Those are all works that were put together from scrapped ideas and different writers, I'm talking about the movies as they stand.
All of it's in the movies, like I explained above.

Last edited by ClarkLuther55; 12-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.
ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote