View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #434
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And while I am theorizing for a bit, I understand Gordon is trying to act before anything bad happens.
Right. Anything bad being the ferries people blowing each other up like he said. That was his concern.

Quote:
He wasn't as certain as Joker as he also mentioned that Joker could blow them both up. He's looking at all outcomes while Batman wasn't as he had amazing faith over Gotham City's citizens, even the criminals.
Batman: "It's not that simple. With the Joker it never is"
Gordon: "What's simple is that every second we don't take him those people get closer to blowing each other up"
Batman: "That won't happen"
Gordon: "Then he'll blow both of them up"

He was just reacting to Batman's claim that they won't blow each other up.

Quote:
Do you really think he would really let the other boat live, though?
YES!

He's trying to destroy Gotham's hope not destroy the city. What use is a bunch of dead citizens to him as opposed to a bunch of citizens with broken spirits who have to live with mass slaughter on their conscience?

Again you seem to miss the point of Joker's plan altogether. He's looking to break minds, not kill everyone.

Quote:
And this brings up a question I have always had...if Harvey was Joker's 'ace', why even do this experiment?
That should be obvious. "You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fist fight with you".

It would be foolish to rest his entire plan on the ferries. If it worked, then great. Then he'd also has Harvey to add further fuel to the fire. If not, then he has Harvey's downfall to fall back on.

Either way it's win win. He covered all his bases like a great criminal mastermind would.

Quote:
Mere weeks could have done the job, but five months just shows how Bane was fine with waiting until the countdown gets down to zero without pressing the trigger. He was in no rush having the idea that Bruce wasn't strong enough to climb the Pit.
We all know Bane was fine to wait 5 months. That's the point. There was no need for it. Nothing happened in the 5 month siege that couldn't have been done in weeks. The ONLY reason it was done was plot filler time so Bruce could recover, train himself up again, escape the pit and get back to Gotham.

Simple.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 12-28-2012 at 06:54 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote