View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #524
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Here's the article: http://www.wpcentral.com/gopayment-a...asks-to-switch

It sounds like it could be a financial problem where they didn't have enough money to develop apps to support more than two platforms (iOS, Android) and decided to cut the fat. (WP) Or they just don't see Windows Phone as a priority just yet.
WP also isn't a viable choice yet, so they probably see no point. It reminds me of when Android first came to the market, there were a lot of iOS developers that stayed away from the platform.

Quote:
True that gaining market share doesn't matter when there's no support behind it. The whole thing is quite a paradox. Google even confirmed they wouldn't develop apps for WP, because they believe there isn't a big enough user base to justify it. Which is where the paradox comes in, developers want a bigger user base to develop apps for, but the user base will only grow if the developers develop the apps.
WP has expanded their app market pretty fast, and I know that WP users are petitioning for Google to release their apps to the platform, so maybe it's a possibility.

On another note, CES is coming soon and I can't wait to see the newest gadgets.