View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #81
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Well there was many problems with FF2 for sure, but for me it all starts with wanting to tell the story with a certain perspective. Their perspective from the get go was Fantastic Four was going to be a comedy, which to me is the wrong perspective not to mention most of it was just not funny. The Fantastic Four should embrace three major themes, Family, Science and Adventure. If they get those themes right, followed by the look and feel of the characters much of the rest of it would fall into place. They don't even really need to create a story, hell they have about 50 years of comics with kick @$$ stories to choose from, pick one. It always ticks me off when director's think their artistic liscense superceeds the original content. I mean don't get me wrong I know certain changes need to be made for film, but sometimes the descisions are just a complete blaten disregard for the source material . Which is why I am pleased that Marvel is now responsible for their own movies (at least the ones they still own the rights too), because nobody is going to care for their characters like they will. Don't get me wrong they are not perfect and they have made a few poor choices (whiplash with mechanized suit), but I always feel they try their best to please fans even before the general public.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."