View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #70
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You have the right to an opinion, however the majority of critics and the general audience above the age of 14, panned them.
Again with your personally customized version of the facts.

None of the prequels scored below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

You have provided absolutely no source to show that the "majority" of the general audience hated the movies.

We do know that all of the prequels did very well at the box office, with big openings and small weekend-to-weekend drops.

A Gallup poll from 1999 resulted in almost 80% of people saying that TPM was good or great.

AOTC received an average grade of "A-" from CinemaScore audience exit polling. According to Jonathan Bowen, a published author who has written nonfiction books about the prequels, TPM received a CinemaScore grade of "A" and ROTS got a grade of "A+"

Those are the facts, with actual sources to back them up. Which isn't so strange, since if the "majority" of the people hated the movies, they wouldn't make so much money.

Lots of vocal people on the internet hate the prequels, but equating them with the mainstream majority is basically saying that scifi forums represent the mainstream. As someone who posts on forums myself, I'm honest enough with myself to know that's not true at all.

Are you going to just ignore all of the above and repeat your previously stated opinion?

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote