View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Todd View Post
Another part of the problem too, from TLOS' perspective, was that Gotham was only able to get rid of criminals en masse on the basis of a lie, which defended a man that was really a murderer.
They didn't know that when they came back to Gotham. Bane only discovered the Dent cover up by accident when Gordon was brought to his lair and they found his confessional letter on him. If they knew that BEFORE they came to Gotham, then it would have made a lot more sense. There was no reason for the LOS to destroy Gotham. The city was prospering in a peace time where crime rates were so low that the Mayor was going to retire Gordon.

Greedy businessman like Daggett are everywhere all over the world. Much like how every city has some degree of crime in it like the Mayor said. I don't see the LOS targeting every city in the world. It's a pathetic reason to destroy a whole city because of that. At least Ra's in Begins was all about destroying Gotham when it was overrun with crime and corruption. I could buy into his philosophy. I couldn't take Bane's plan seriously at all. Especially after Ra's and Joker's schemes had some logic to them.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote