View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #730
Slushy
The Man

Default Re: Michael Jackson II: Legendary Redux!

I hadn't seen this movie since I was 6 years old so let's go down memory lane with my revisitation with the imported Blu-Ray version:

Quote:
Man In The Mirror - Such a great song. Very inspirational. I can see why Michael would make sure it was first thing people would experience to get them to help make the world a better place. Its amazing to see how packed Wembley Stadium was. No wonder MJ was arguably the most famous man in the world!

Retrospective - Snippets of Michael's rise to fame through his music from his Jackson 5 days all the way to Dirty Diana. Its basically a tribute and now its a morbid coincidence.

Badder - Something for the kids.

Speed Demon - I'm not a fan of claymation, but when Michael was being chased by the fans & members of the press, it looked like he was having fun. My favorite part of this was when the rabbit version of himself challenged him to a dance-off. Some really cool stuff there!

Leave Me Alone - I was never too crazy about this song, but it easy to understand why Michael would put it out there.

Smooth Criminal - This is where the real start of the film is. Here we see Joe Pesci playing a drug dealer and later are introduced to Michael donning his iconic white gangster outfit. I always loved Smooth Criminal and it was great how Michael was able to extend the song. My favorite part of the film, the one scene I always remembered, was when Michael turned into a Transformer probably because it was the coolest thing to see as a little boy. When I watched this scene again, this time in High-Definition (the soap opera feature on my HDTV turned on), again it was awesome to see how...smooth (yes, pun intended) it looked when The King Of Pop went into a murderous rampage on all those armed goons to save those kids.

Come Together - Good song chosen to bring the show to an end. Michael's cover was well done.

"Right now, I'm walking through this cemetery. Not because I'm sad. Because it inspires me. It's the most motivational place on Earth. Why is that? Because people die. When you accept the fact that your time on this Earth is limited, you'll do whatever it takes to make it count.
Slushy is online now   Reply With Quote