View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Honestly, I don't think there was a deep ideal to this plot like their was with Ras' plan.

Ras wanted to destroy the city because he felt the corruption was beyond saving. He failed.

IMO, in Talia's mind, she just wanted to finish what he father couldn't. She didn't see the same ideals that Ras had. She just saw him fail for the first time, blamed Batman for his death and simply wanted to kill Bruce Wayne, physically and emotionally, and destroy Gotham to, in HER eyes, finish her father's work. While that would finish her father's failed mission, I don't think she saw his ideals. She was doing it for the wrong reasons.
Exactly. Which makes the whole thing even more shallow.

Quote:
Bane was just a pawn in the end. His only motivation was a personal feeling that Bruce betrayed the LOS. And when you consider Bane was exiled, while Bruce was seen as the perfect successor to lead the LOS, Bane was simply jealous. He worked with Talia on her plan, while trying to seek revenge based on his personal jealousy of Bruce and his Ras' view of him.
Owtch!

That makes Bane sound really pathetic!

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote