View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Wow, it's like you jumped into my head and saw what I was thinking while I was writing that. It was really shallow and Bane, while a dominant physical threat and diabolical speaker, was a HIGHLY overrated villain. People comparing him to Darth Vader and even putting him the same sentence with Heath Ledger's Joker is, well... a joke.
Agreed. Shackling him to Talia and the LOS, especially after Ra's kicked him out of the LOS, and here he was trying to fulfill the work of man who couldn't stand the sight of him, really weakened the character, IMO. It seemed obvious to me he was doing it purely out of devotion to Talia. Just like how he put his life on the line to protect her in the pit when she was a child. Here he was again willing to die just so she can honor her father's work. It's easy to see why he's so often accused of being a sub servant to Talia.

Quote:
Both of those aspects just add to why I think TDKR was "good" but easily the weakest of the three films. And while I didn't agree with bringing back the LOS, they could have made it great, but they left a lot on the table and made some terrible decisions.
Now you're in my head peeking at my thoughts

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 12-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote