View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Why don't you quote the whole thing before that part;

The decision was obviously made two years after TDK was done since he didn't come up with that decision until after he'd made Inception, and they well knew by then that using the Joker again was not an option.
That doesn't line up with other information we have though. We know that Goyer presented him with Bane shortly after TDK premiered, and we know that they had already decided on Bane when Inception was filming and that he was considering Tom Hardy for the part privately with Emma.

Quote:
On Inception, where he played part of Leonardo DiCaprio’s dream team, Hardy had joined the ever-expanding Nolan Repertory Company -- which includes Bale, Murphy, Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard -- and Nolan used the opportunity of working with Hardy during the production of that mind-heist thriller as a sort of secret audition to see if the promising young British actor was up for playing the villain.
When Nolan was doing press rounds for Inception, he said his brother had been working on the Batman script "for a long time", so these major story decisions had to have been made well before cameras ever rolled on Inception. The way Nolan phrased it in that article, it sounded like the decision to bring the LOS back came first, and the selection of Bane as a villain came second. Based on reports from earlier this year that give us a timeline of when Bane was chosen, I can only assume the LOS thing was worked out sometime prior to that.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote